Sunday, January 01, 2006
I heart Ikea.

For the girls birthdays (Feb.1 and Feb.4), a big part of their gift will be getting their room made over. Completely. Hero just got notified that he will be going to school at the beginning of Feb and not returning until March, so we decided to shop for furniture now.

I spent three nights at Ikea's website narrowing my decisions down. It was wonderful. I dreamed about things I would purchase. Ikea has become a sickness. When we finally made the trip to the real thing, I was impressed and not at all overwhelmed. We left with everything, staying well within our budget. Some advice though, buy the most expensive mattress you can afford if you are going foam. Really. Also check out the As-Is part of the store because they TELL YOU the reason the product is being sold so cheap. Some of the couches and chairs were being sold because they had footprints on them. Not visible ones, but on the cushions, underneath where you put the cover. We purchased two down pillows that were.....missing tags.....for $3.

I also love Ikea because it is possible to buy furniture for your kids to destroy as they grow. I personally wrecked a lot of furniture growing up. Just ask my grandma. I know that the furniture we bought was so inexpensive that I wont be devestated to see it wrecked a few years down the line.

So visit Ikea when you need furniture and Happy New Year!






4 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

I will visit Ikea the nest time I need some furniture, thnx for the heads up! :)

I wish you and your family a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2006, magnolia. you deserve nothin but the best!

10:42 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Call center satellite office Graceland pink cadillac Oregon dialup internet access Columbus ohio meridia legal Horseracing jockey pants Deal ionamin Can a dog take zyrtec Kiki bdsm Retailer web advertising Funny answering machine greeting audio meridia+success http://www.phendimetrazine-next-day-saturday-cod-accepted.info/Freefreefreefreebuymeridia.html Phendimetrazine dieting drug

8:33 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

2:10 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Keep up the good work »

11:25 AM EDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!