Friday, January 20, 2006
Doctor visit: processing.

Going to the see the doctor took a lot out of me today. I am emotionally exhausted. If there is one place where I can guarantee my anxiety will come through, it's the doctors. Which explains why my pulse was 130, even after sitting in the waiting room for twenty minutes.

On the other hand, I really liked the doctor I saw today. He reminds me of Rory's grandfather on Gilmore Girls. (Is that show still on, by the way? I used to watch it religiously until Dean decided to get married!) Really, he had the bowtie and everything.

The appointment part was fairly easy. I have to go to a sleep clinic, as I assumed I might, and participate in a sleep study. Otherwise, I got several blood tests done and the results will be back in about a month. I have to go back in the same amount of time, and hopefully by then I will have already gotten some answers from this sleep study.

I've been trying to recover emotionally all afternoon from the combination of the anxiety attack and the irrational fear about doctors in general. Unfortunately, therapy had no answers, just lots of tears and frustration over not being able to overcome this.

Yeah, so it's Jars of Clay, a hot cup of tea, and hopefully a full night's sleep for me.






2 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

I hate going to the dr's too. I don't have panic attacks, but I get very nervous. the only dr I ever felt comfortable going to was my Obgyn when I was pregnant with my girls. that whole office put off a different vibe, everyone was so nice and friendly. totally put me at ease.

never watched Gilmore Girls and have no idea if it's still on or not.

hope the blood tests and sleep clinic yield results and that you are on your way to recovery soon. thinking of you...

11:30 AM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That's a great story. Waiting for more. micra nissan Civic projector rhinoplasty nj

5:46 AM EDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!