Tuesday, January 03, 2006
2005 and 2006 resolutions.

2006 -- The Year In Review Meme

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Payoff a new car loan--all our other (junk) cars were purchased with cash.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember if I made any. Will make some for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. What countries did you visit? None, thankfully.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Mental stability.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 13th, a missed due date.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting into therapy and letting go of some of my long-held-onto anger.

9. What was your biggest failure? Neglecting my family while I tried to help J.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Does pneumonia count?

11. What was the best thing you bought? It was a gift-- a digital camera.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Hero's for dealing with me so well.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Bush's.

14. Where did most of your money go? Car, kids.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Sky learning the alphabet.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Ummm...that Greenday song that Hero loooovvvveeeessssss.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier!
b) thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
d) healthier or sicker? Both. Mentally healthier, physically sicker.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spending time enjoying the moments.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Trying to fufil needs that don't exist-- of mine, and of others.

20. How did you spend Christmas? Home with my family.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? J.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005? All over again with Hero, Sky, and Moon.

23. How many one-night stands? None.

24. What was your favorite TV program? House, then The OC.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Not hate, but am appalled at a used too be friend, Cassandra, she really did some damage.

26. What was the best book you read? Getting through the Day (don't know author, book was lent to me)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Nothing new, really. The older you get, the harder it is to keep up lol.

28. What did you want and get? Help mentally

29. What did you want and not get? An instant fix all for all my problems

30. What was your favorite film of this year? I liked Crash a lot.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Nothing special. Old.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Either letting go of my dad quicker or not having that problem in the first place.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Mom'd out and scrubby as usual for me.

34. What kept you sane? High-speed Internet connectivity, therapy, a decent husband.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? The guy that plays House, I love the doctor he plays on tv.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Let's not go there. I just hate Bush is all.

37. Who did you miss? Kate! David's nana and baby sister.

38. Who was the best new person you met? My neighbor. She rocks.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. Change comes from within oneself.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: ".....maybe when I'm done with endings this can begin."--something corporate, and of course: "fuck you for existing in the first place"--ani difranco

Resolutions:

--I will try my best to quit smoking for good this year. No lie.
--I will set up an account so we will 'pay ourselves first' and build some untouchable savings.
--I will try to be a better mother and wife, refusing to let anyone else's problems interrupt our life.






2 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

untaouchable face is a great song. :) I was hooked on Ani all thru college thnx to a terrific roomie I had who introduced me to her music.

good luck with your resolutions, magnolia! I liked reading your answers to this one.

10:47 PM EST 

Blogger markbrinick0772 had this to say:

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

10:53 PM EST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!