Monday, November 07, 2005
My tattoos.....

Here are photos of my tattoos. It was impossible to take some of these pics myself, so blame Hero (David) for the blurriness. He isn't very good at taking pictures



^This was my first tattoo. I got it because my husband got my name on his neck years before, and I decided it was time to 'return the favor'. As a teen, I had a dream of the many tattoos I would eventually get. After I got this and realized the process was practically painless, I started making that dream a reality. It is located on the back of my neck, the blotch above it is hair. Yeah.



Excuse my tiny fat fingers. They run in our family. My grandma likes to say they come from royalty, as in "Do you think the queen ever worked with her hands? That's why our fingers are so fat. They come from the queen's side." I have never asked which queen, as I know this is all in her head. Anyway, this is not the same tattoo that Janis Joplin had. Soooo many people have asked me that so I thought I'd put it out there. You can't tell from the pic, but this was done all in deep-deep purple.



Here are two pics of my moon. She is on my right forearm. The first pic was taken about three hours after it was done, hence the redness and the puffy-scabby look. The second pic was taken just now. It's hard to take pics with one hand. The blank spots (around the entire inside of the outline and in the cheek) were supposed to be colored white, but I don't particularly like white, especially in tattoos.



This is my sun, my newest addition. Doesn't she look so angry? I love her. She is located on the front of my right arm, and if you look close you can where she is in relation to the moon. As you can see, she is not healed totally. There is actually a lot more orange than you can see from this pic. It outlines the outside of her face, her 'makeup' spots, and the tips of all the rays. Her eyes and 'dot' are like an aqua color, and her lips, eyelashes, and eyebrows are deep purple. My 'artist-for-this-one', Ernie, and I manipulated the original outline to make her a lot more simple than she originally was. We completely changed her colors, and the arrangement of the colors. We took out the extra lines that defined her face and a few of the squished looking rays. I love that he knew what I wanted without much explaining, didn't try to convince me his way was better (although he did EXPRESS that), and gave me a freakin deal. I will be seeing him again.

There is space for two more big tattoos on my right arm, and I plan to fill that space with the earth and saturn. The earth will be about the size of the sun, and fill the space between the sun and the moon on the side where there is space left. Saturn will be smaller, slightly smaller than the moon. It will be below the moon and off to the side, almost parallel to the sun. That will connect all the objects together. The earth will be female, and saturn will not have a face.

I will then gradually add these 'orbs' which will fill the small spots that are left, and will represent the plainer planets. The orbs are super expensive. They are about the size of a quarter (maybe a tiny bit bigger). They have images of sunsets inside, all different from one another, and will almost look like they glow. I priced them when I got my first tattoo because I loved them so much. It's hard to explain how they look, but I will try to find a similar pic online and post it.

After my lower arm is finished, I am getting the girls' names. I'm thinking from the base of my neck down toward my shoulder. Once again, it's hard to explain. Those will probably be my last tattoos.






14 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

Thank you for posting pics of your tattoos! I liked them all, but for some reason the one on your wrist that looks similar to Janis Joplin's is my fave. I think it's simplicity yet intricate design appeals to me.

btw, I also have short, chubby fingers, and I got a good laugh out of what your grandma likes to say about them! :)

1:13 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! video editing programs

7:11 PM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as
I provide credit and sources back to your site? My blog
is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users
would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you
present here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
Thanks a lot!

My website - garnier fructis dark spot corrector

12:10 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi! I realize this is kіnd of off-toρic howeveг I neеded
to ask. Dοes managing a well-establishеd blog such
as yours take а lаrgе аmount of worκ?
I'm completely new to blogging however I do write in my journal everyday. I'd like to start a
blog so I can еаsily shаrе my еxperіencе and vieωѕ online.
Pleаse lеt me knоw if you have any
suggestions οr tіps for new aspiring bloggerѕ.
Thankyou!

Feel fгeе tо νisit my blоg .

.. Refill Cartomizers

1:44 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if
you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you protect against
it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I
get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much appreciated.

My weblog ... http://www.methadoneclinicsnear.com/methadone-doctors-and-their-suggestion-for-heavy-addiction

2:13 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A couple of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

Also visit my webpage Liquid For Electronic Cigarettes

3:48 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if
you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you prevent it,
any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.

My page ... http://www.allaboutcargopants.com/

7:26 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

We absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content available for you?
I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome web log!

My blog - 5.9 cummins for sale

11:15 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Heya are using Wordpress for your blog platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own.
Do you require any coding knowledge to make
your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Look into my website :: vera wang shoes sale

4:32 AM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hello! I realize this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does running a well-established website such as yours require
a lot of work? I'm completely new to writing a blog but I do write in my diary daily. I'd like to start a blog
so I can easily share my own experience and thoughts online.

Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips
for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!



my web site ... Coupons for diapers

10:48 AM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues
with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no back up.
Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

Here is my site Methadone Treatment Centers

1:37 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog
platform are you using for this site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and
I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

My webpage ... womens skinny cargo pants

7:14 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Heya this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors
or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my blog post :: free 7th grade math worksheets

8:52 AM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and
exposure! Keep up the awesome works guys I've added you guys to my personal blogroll.

Feel free to surf to my web blog - www.allaboutcargopants.com

9:43 PM EST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!