Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Moon

Moon, my little handful of a child, had me at my wits end today.

My neighbor came over with her kids. It was very warm today so we took the kids outside to play. They all played nicely for a while, and shook the remaining leaves off of Lisa's tree. Some other kids a house away came out and started raking leaves. Moon took off.

Keep in mind that I'm a 'barefooter'. I'm not a true barefooter, but I go barefoot much more often than I wear shoes. Now, I'm chasing her as fast as I can go, which isn't very fast with the rocks and what not. She's running towards the kids with the rakes. There she goes......and she jumps right into the pile of leaves and throws them around everywhere. By the time I got her out of the leaves, the pile was indistinguishable.

I took Moon back over to where we were playing, and she screamed the whole way. I let go of her to pick up my cell phone and the bowls and plates we had brought out for the kids to eat snacks on.

And she did it again. So there I go, chasing her, and she got there just before I did, so this time she didn't destroy that much. This time I put her in time out before I gathered the plates and miscellaneous toys. I got Sky, said our goodbyes, and went in. I let Moon out of time out, yet she continued to scream. She was saying something, but I couldn't understand. And she kept screaming.

And screaming.

And screaming.

Almost ten minutes had gone by before I could figure out what she was whining/screaming for.

"Mama you took my leaves away and I want them back. RIGHT. NOW." She continued screaming.

So I brought a few leaves inside, which she tore to shreds while I was working on dinner. And then I vacuumed. Again.

While I was vacuuming up the leaves, Moon went into the bathroom and splashed water all over the floor. So I cleaned the bathroom floor. Again.

It went on like this until Hero came home, at which point I went into my room to hide for a while. On the way there I asked him if he could just get the food out of the oven when it beeped and serve the kids and himself, to which he replied....

"I feel like I do all the work around here"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! So I just kept walking because at that point I didn't care.

**Hero's not really a big asshole usually, it turns out he had a very hard day at work, topped off with a five mile run scheduled for 4:45am tomorrow, followed by his first set of ASE tests which will get over just in time for him to watch the kids while I go to the Dr, and then return him to duty where he will be until 7:30 am Thursday.***






2 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

oh, what a day! I can relate... Only in my case it's the whining that has me at my wits end. Both girls have been sick recently and so it has been Whine Fest 2005 here in our house. By the time Matt arrives home from work I am headed upstairs for some "alone time" too. Not being able to take them places (b/c one of them is sick) has just added to the stress. I hope your family is having a nice weekend, magnolia.

1:20 PM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! film editing classes

7:44 PM EDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!