Saturday, July 30, 2005
So tired

So the head doctor put me on medication to help with my anxiety. She also put me on meds for sleep that I can take as needed for the insomnia that's been kicking my ass for years. As she warned me about the very few side effects, she mentioned 'tired or fatigued' with the anxiety meds. I figured tired meant I'd be unmotivated and sleepy.

I took my anxiety meds the first night, and got a really bad stomach cramps, kind of like on Thanksgiving or any other time you stuff yourself and feel like you're going to puke. I went to bed early, due to anxiety meds (READ: didn't take sleeping pills).

The next morning, I got up and felt like shit. I was soooo tired, I felt like I hadn't slept at all. This was after my first eight hour night in a long time.

After about an hour, I was feeling REALLY tired, so I put a pot of coffee on and put in a movie in for the girls. I woke up about forty-five minutes later in front of the DVD player. I FELL ASLEEP immediately after putting the DVD in, without even returning to the couch. Literally right there on the floor, sitting up.

I then took the girls outside so I could run around and work up some energy to keep me awake. And we played for about an hour. We went back inside to try again to relax because I was still so tired. Started the movie. Made a cup of coffee (I had forgotten to drink the coffee before, because I was asleep). Sat down on couch. Fell asleep with cup of coffee IN HAND. Woke up ten minutes later. Put coffee down. Fell back asleep for half an hour.

At this point I was very upset. I called my husband at work and told him what was happening. He said to hang in for another half an hour, and he'd be home for lunch. I did, and I was awake.

When Hero got home, I lit a cigarette and started bitching about what I was going to do, blah blah blah. Fell asleep this time with CIGARETTE IN HAND. Luckily Hero was right there (and I didn't smoke for the rest of the day, don't worry)

When he went back to work, I hung out with my neighbor and told her what was going on. The rest of the day went by without incident. I fell asleep immediately after dinner that night (so six-ish), and woke up at eight, put my girls to bed at eight-thirty and tried to go to sleep. And I couldn't. Until three. And I didn't want to take the sleeping pill because I was afraid of what the two pills would do to me when put together.

Today went much better with only a few sleeping on the job incidents, but Hero was home today so it wasn't a big deal. I've learned to stand up while smoking because I haven't yet fell asleep standing. This sleepiness is supposedly only supposed to last the first two weeks, getting a little better each day. I am so freakin out of it I don't know if this all makes sense, but I can't read it again to check because I might fall asleep.






4 Comments:
Blogger Jaden had this to say:

Good Luck with everything! Hopefully the sleepiness won't last. I am debating whether to take a depression/anxiety med my doc advised.. you can tell me if this helps you...Hang in there!*Jaden

12:10 PM EDT 

Blogger Heidi had this to say:

oh, magnolia... I am so sorry you have to go through this tired, butt-dragging, fallin' asleep sitting up fog for 2 weeks! yikes!

I hope it doesn't last for that long, but more importantly, I hope it helps with your anxiety.

altho' I'm sure that day in particular had you fairly anxious, what with falling asleep while smoking and all... ;) (please forgive the humor and know I wish you all the best, hon!) I've missed visiting your blog while I was away from the 'puter!

9:18 AM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Very nice site! video editing programs

7:25 PM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

What a great site Patent search services Affiliate marketing profitable software http://www.saab-of-greenwich.info Business card citibank credit Virtual roulette gambling web sites I used ephedrine while on wellbutrin xl 57 88 oldsmobile Data program recover Headsets direct plantronics telephone headsets wireless Car cruise ins illinois Italian open tennis Wow prom dress prices High school student credit card application269187 Custom ring designers football rules

11:05 AM EDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!