Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Sick days

I've been sick for about a week now. I am finally starting to recover enough to blog.... or that's my excuse anyway.

We had a little situation across the street on the fourth. Dad spanked child, neighbors called police, vicious tales were told that deflected from the actual problem.

The problem, in my opinion, was that Dad was very, very angry. I did not talk to the police when they arrived, as I feel it is up to the parents to raise their children as they see fit-- minus abuse. In my opinion spanking and abuse are two different things (for the most part). I chose not to use spanking as the means of discipline in my home, but I don't think my way is the only way, either. I could go on, but let's end it by saying that I don't feel spanking should hurt or be done out of anger. My opinion.

Anyway, I spent the rest of the fourth infecting my neighbors with whatever sickness I had. Isn't it funny that Hero only had it two days, both the girls for three, and I for a week. I was the only one to get a fever, too. Lucky me. We barbecued anyway and the girls played with my neighbor's nephews. All the kids got those poppers (you throw them and they pop.), and they had a blast.

I had a bad therapy day, and then a good one. I'm learning how mantras can help me overcome some of my negative thought processes. We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone had a good week!






2 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

sorry to hear you've been sick, magnolia. figures that you would get it the worst and have to deal with it the longest! Bleh.

good luck with the mantras, and future sessions. I've been thinking of you.

3:40 PM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

1:59 AM EST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!