Sunday, May 15, 2005
I love my neighbors.

I love my neighbors. This isn't really a new thing, but I realized that I never really updated on this. I pretty much left it at the part where we made friends. Now, let me tell you why I love them.

Lisa is my new 'best-friend' here. She's wacky and funny. She's very supportive of my uncertainties regarding "the way things go" in the military. Any questions that my husband can't find answers to, she will search until she finds the answers for us. My girls love her, and it seems as though she loves them too. Lisa was also really helpful showing me around. She's showed me the malls, the schools, the pharmacies that take our insurance, etc. I'm so glad to have stopped being so immensely antisocial for long enough to have made a friend.

Lisa's husband is Greg. Greg is funny too. He has a lot of cool stories about his life in the military. When I was in a rather uncomfortable situation a few weeks ago, Greg went out of his way to help me feel comfortable and safe. It was something he didn't have to do, and I greatly appreciate that a stranger would do that for me just because we are neighbors.

Lisa and Greg will be leaving us in January. Greg is retiring (he's done his twenty years), and they are moving far away. I'm really happy for them, as twenty years is more than enough for most in the military.

Sally and her husband are struggling with infertility, and I'm not a therapist, but I'm guessing that may be the reason she looks sad most of the time. She takes time to talk with the kids, and she even offered to watch them if we ever need a babysitter at a moment's notice (like an emergency). When I was too nervous to go complain about that awful nurse, Sally offered to come with me to help. She only has about two years in the military so far, and plans on doing it for life.

Bob always has some interesting fact to tell. He is patient with my kids when they jump on him and hand him dirt. (I think the girls may think he is their grandpa, as they drive the same truck. I've made it clear that he's not several times, but they still won't leave him alone.) He may or may not like my kids, but he always pays them attention. He acts kind of like 'the old guy that doesn't have any fun', but I don't know him well so that may or may not be true.

Sally just got orders to go to her next duty station. It is fairly close by, and since they both are from Maryland, they are taking the news pretty well. I'm hoping they arrive at the end of this road to parenthood as soon as possible, without too many bumps along the way.






2 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

hi, magnolia! I'm so glad you have made some new friends. I know how difficult it can be to move to a new place and meet people who turn out to be great friends. It's too bad Lisa and Greg will be moving on soon, but it sounds like Sally and Bob are nice too. We have friends who are struggling with infertility as well. It is so difficult to watch them go through this battle... I believe there is a bigger plan that we cannot see, and that someday they will be parents, one way or another. Their kids will be so lucky too b/c they are gonna be great parents. I hope everything works out for the best with your friends as well!

1:41 PM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Best regards from NY! free submitted adult videos Golf gti accessories http://www.arizona-golf-tourneys.info/Liquid-dance.html Mitsubishi montero sport xls Soccer events in the 1960's cobra pro-9780 radar laser detector hand cranked ice cream makers Cisco or to or csco Celexa and side effects http://www.valtrexbuy.info/Polaricemachines.html How to remove spyware quake Instant trans union credit report purchase commercial ice tea machines Aftermarket honda motorcycle parts shaved girls .com Commercial cream ice machine making Buy xenical afghan blasts target us officials Withdraws from venlafaxine suzuki 4 stroke outboard manual

5:17 AM EST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!