Friday, May 06, 2005
An argument officially overheard by my neighbors

Ok, let me start off by saying this is going to sound worse than it was. There was no actual argument, I was just trying to make a point. I just have a tendency to make points quite loudly.

Setting: Hero, kids, and I sitting outside.

Me: Getting up, "I'll be out in a minute, I just have to put the rug cleaner down". Walks inside (door is open)

Hero: Follows inside.

Me: You can't leave the kids outside alone.

Hero: I'm just getting the scissors

Me: I don't care, don't do it again.

Hero: Walks outside, slamming drawer rather loudly as he goes.

Me: Now frustrated, almost yelling, follows Hero outside. "Why do you think Moon tantrums so much? Because she learns from YOU, that's why. Don't be slamming stuff around. Do you want me to delete you?

Ok, I know that was an untrue thing to say, she tantrums because she is two.

Anyway, I gathered myself and walked outside. All my neighbors were outside, and stopped talking. Hero told me they had been listening previously. I got kind of embarrassed, but it passed.

Later, I called up my friend to tell her about my antics. She asked what I meant by the "Do you want me to delete you" line. I explained that I am addicted to Hero's video game, and I meant I was going to delete his character so it would be all mine.

Uhhh-Ohhh.... What do you think my neighbors thought it meant? I hope they didn't think I was threatening to kill him. Spent next half-hour laughing.






2 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

LOL~that's funny! I can only imagine what they thought you meant by that... ;) I would have been upset too. In fact, Matt and I have had a few disagreements that were just like this! Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

12:42 PM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

4:19 PM EDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!