Friday, April 08, 2005
Why I like the Army

The songs (cadences) that my husband sing make me happy.

"Way up north where the wind is cold
There is no silver, there is no gold
That's where I make my living
Killing the baby seals-- Ark! Ark!"

"Dare to be fat,
Dare to be fat
Wake up in the morning you begin to sweat
You go to the cupboard but the cupboard's bare
Ice cream sundae, dexatrim
Best damn meal there's ever been
You eat so much you begin to choke
You wash it all down with a diet coke
Dare to be fat"

"When I was born my daddy left!
Later on my momma left!
I got deployed, my woman left!
Now the Army is the only thing that's left!"

"They say that in the Army the coffee's mighty fine
It looks like muddy water and tastes like turpentine
They say that in the Army the chow is mighty fine
a chicken jumped off the table and started marking time
They say that in the Army the biscuits are mighty fine
one rolled off the table and killed a friend of mine
They say that in the Army the training's mighty fine
last night there were ten of us, now there's only nine
They say that in the Army the pay is mighty fine
they give you a hundred dollars and take back ninety-nine
Oh Lord, I wanna go
But they won't let me go
Oh Lord, I wanna go home!"

" Ma'ma, Ma'ma
Can't you see,
What this Army has done to me
I went to basic and AIT,
Now I'm pushing a pen in the PSB
They gave me clothes, three hots and a cot
They said be happy, but I'm not
Can we stop, so I can rest
Or will we run until I ETS?"

"well he comes into workat a five-thirty
you think he's motivated
well he ain't foolin' me
he sing a HI-O silver
and a YIPPY-KI-YAY
cause he's a sick-call ranger
somethin' new every day
first it was his foot
then it was his back
next thing you know
it's gonna be a heart attack
you look to your left
you look to your right
you ain't gonna find him
cause he ain't fit to fight
at the T.M.C.
you'll find him there
layin' dead asleep
in the waitin' room chair"






2 Comments:
Blogger LeesahEm. had this to say:

I used to love singing cadences. I can't remember most of them now, I only recognize two of these.

7:47 PM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

9:44 AM EDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!