Thursday, April 28, 2005
Home again

What a wonderful trip.

We left Maryland Monday at 2:00 am, and got to Massachusetts at around 9:00 am. The girls were up for more of the trip than expected, but they had fun, at least. The visits were beautiful. I didn't quite realize how much I had missed everyone until I saw them again.

Monday was spent with my Grandma and uncle mostly. We also saw Hero's mom, my dad, and my brother. We took some time to do some things we had been longing to do (go to the beach, visit the old neighborhood, see what's changed). That night, we visited my children's 'aunts', which are really my good friends. That night ended with some phone-calls about my alleged behavior (it's in the archives somewhere), which I didn't let ruin my day. I slept like a baby, as did Hero and the girls.

Tuesday was spent in Scituate, MA. We relaxed with Hero's dad and his soon-to-be wife (as of Saturday). Also, Hero got to meet his new half-sister. His Grandma and sister joined the party, and we all had a wonderful time. I absolutely love his grandma. We bonded so much last summer when Hero was in Italy, and seeing her again was joy. She even un-rooted some of her violets for me to take home. Hero's sister is growing up so fast. I can't believe she'll be sixteen soon! And his half sister is eight months now. She was a newborn the last time I saw her. Hero didn't take to her well, but I leave him with his emotions, as I suppose it is his right.

Tuesday night the drama started. My dad called me with some story he (made up?) heard from his girlfriend, Hero's mom. I tried to talk to him, but he was drunk or high or whatever. He brought up a lot of shit that I worked hard to block out through the years. Actually, I have been just starting to work through some of those issues, but I didn't need it. I spent a good ten minutes crying, and about ten more talking it out with Hero. Then I put on my happy face and REFUSED to let it bother me. And it hasn't.

My girls also got to see one of their 'aunts' again, then Hero's Nana, and we said most of our goodbyes. We spent some time at the mall collecting physical memories.

Wednesday, we stopped by to say the last of our goodbyes and hit the road. The drive home went smoothly. We got in at about 5:30 pm and unpacked. Shortly after I spent some time in my garden, then gave our neighbors their souvenirs (I was looking for key-chains that would say "Park the car in Harvard yard" when you pressed a button, but as I couldn't find anything like that, I made them a jar of sea-glass with shells as a cork...kinda hard to explain what they looked like, but the neighbors liked them.)

Now, we're home, with many more days of Hero being on leave.






3 Comments:
Blogger Heidi had this to say:

I'm so glad you had a nice trip home and made it back safely! I'm sorry about the little bumps in the road (like the call from your Dad), but I'm proud of you for not letting it take the wind out of your sails! Good for you!

What's this about Hero's leave? Is he on leave now? For how long? How did I miss this news!?! Yikes. Sorry for all the questions! LOL

11:39 AM EDT 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

3:23 AM EST 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

3:25 AM EDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Stores!